Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GRO references

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Hilary

Hilary Report 30 May 2009 22:23

Hi

I'm trying to find the GRO references to order a death certificate for Mary Elizabeth S Newman who died in NothTyneside district in Feb 2001 aged 87. I've found an entry on Ancestry but the references don't look the same as the others I have used in the past that have been sourced from Free BMD. It might of course be that the latest ones have changed format but please could someone confirm whether the following details appear to be correct:-

North Tyneside
First Quarter
Reg No. B28C
Dist/ Sub District 0541B
Entry 103

I usually just locate the volume and page no. so am a bit confused and FreeBMD will only search prior to 1984?

Thank you!
Hilary

Hilary

Hilary Report 30 May 2009 22:47

Hi

Thank you so much for verifying Somerset Girl. I haven't ordered a "recent" certifcate before but I noticed that as soon as I inserted 2001 into the GRO order form that the reference boxes changed and hopefully I have now ordered correctly.

Thanks once again, it's always great to hear from someone who knows what they are doing!

Best wishes
Hilary