Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1911 census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~~ Jules in Wiltshire~~

~~ Jules in Wiltshire~~ Report 4 Jun 2009 16:41

I was wondering if anyone knows if you can find out who was in the same house without buying credits as I find the 1911 census expensive??

Thanks
Jules x

Joy

Joy Report 4 Jun 2009 16:48

You can put a person's name and the same surname at the end (in the advanced search) to see if there are people of those names in the household; otherwise, for the exact people in the exact house, then, sorry, but it has to be paid for.

~~ Jules in Wiltshire~~

~~ Jules in Wiltshire~~ Report 4 Jun 2009 16:54

Thanks Joy xx

Helen in Bucks

Helen in Bucks Report 4 Jun 2009 17:07

Jonesey, that looks like one of my threads!
I deleted it, just in case the 1911 census people read it and decided to remove the loop hole, perhaps you could delete too!
Helen

Helen in Bucks

Helen in Bucks Report 4 Jun 2009 17:55

Jonesey, that's fine. The only reason I mentioned it was that when I first posted the tip last week I got a fairly "snotty" reply saying I was potentially closing a loop hole and spoiling things for others, didn't want to upset anyone so deleted the thread!