Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Adding partners

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 5 Jun 2009 17:11

Hi, I'm having trouble when adding partners. When I have added a group of siblings then try to add their respective partners the brothers and sisters keep getting shown as married to each other. What am I doing wrong
Help please!!

Rose

Rose Report 5 Jun 2009 18:46

Hi

Make sure you have the person whom you want to add the partner to on screen. Press add Partner, you should be able to add the partners details
then press the bit where it states add changes.
I cannot think of anything else that you may be doing wrong!

Best Wishes
Rose

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 5 Jun 2009 18:59

You need to select the person you wish to add the partner to first by clicking on it. It is easy to forget to do this when you have all the siblings showing side by side.

Linda

Linda Report 5 Jun 2009 19:51

Hi Rose,
Thanks for your reply. I have managed to put the names on which were giving me trouble and have to say the only change made was I used my laptop instead of my main comp.
Thanks anyway,
Regards Linda

Linda

Linda Report 5 Jun 2009 19:53

Hi Brinsley
Thanks for replying. Having used my laptop the names have been added without trouble and that's the only change I've made.
Regards,
Linda