Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Problems Moving Around Trees

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Half

Half Report 5 Jun 2009 20:25

Hi

Can sks please please help me before I commit hari kari after contracting tech support too many times and getting nowhere.

People very kindly open their trees to me and I access their trees with no problems whatsoever. It usually opens to the person who gave me the access but when I type in the name of the ancestor we have in common in the search, it says please wait and then times itself out and comes up with a line that reads "sorry there was a problem connecting to the genes sit". It happens 99.9% of the time.

I contacted tech support and now have numerous replies with comments such as "as you have problems with accessing the tree you must have your security settings set too high" and also asking for examples. To this one I went into my tree, and sat there and went into five different trees and typed in the appropriate person for the tree with the same results, the exact names of the people giving me access and the appropriate names were given to genes and their comment was "you don't have authorisation to three of these".

They then suggested that when it happens to press "Control and F5" this I have done and it only works now and again.

This is so frustrating.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, I really do appreciate it.

Regards

Half Pint