Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Am I daft or something !!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathlyn

Kathlyn Report 8 Jun 2009 15:49

I am looking for two marriages, one has a definite date the other give or take a few years.

1)

ELIZABETH GIBBONS TO FREDERICK WILLIAM SMITH in November 1891 at All Saints, Clapham. This is a definite date but I have not found it.

2)

The other marriage is for their son, ROLAND HAROLD SMITH to GRACE ELLA HIGGS. Grace was born in 1907 and their first child was born in 1933....so I have looked at 1925 to 1933, but no luck.

Maybe it`s this new laptop, maybe it`s me !!!!! but any help will be very much appreciated.

Regards

Kathlyn

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 8 Jun 2009 16:04

There is this:
Grace E. Higgs to Roland Smith Hackney June1930 ref 1b 980
Jan

Kathlyn

Kathlyn Report 8 Jun 2009 16:25

Jonesey and Janet, Thank you so very much, I cannot understand why on earth I was unable to find them.
It is very much appreciated.

Kathlyn

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 8 Jun 2009 17:24

Just a thought - are you putting too much info. on your searches such as all the names or something? These were easy to find so it does seem strange. (Shouldn't say that, I seem less clever now!)
Jan