Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1911 Wales Census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Helen

Helen Report 8 Jun 2009 22:15

Don't know if this has already been mentioned......... Glamorgan 1911 census images are already available

Helen

Amanda,

Amanda, Report 8 Jun 2009 22:36

Hi Helen,

Wow, they did say at Kew by the end of June.

Kind regards
Amanda

Gemerald

Gemerald Report 9 Jun 2009 00:48

Brilliant News!

Seems like my elusive 3xgreat grandfather has changed his name again though....i should have guessed that it wouldnt be that easy to find him.

I would love to know how Italy got transcribed as Somerset, Bristol though!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 9 Jun 2009 01:28

It's not just Glamorganshire, it's the rest of Wales too. Some of my rellies are missing so it might not be complete.

Nothing in the census blog.

Rose

Kate

Kate Report 9 Jun 2009 12:44

Thanks, Helen - I read this thread last night and went to browse and I have finally found my elusive great-great uncle Daniel in Brecknockshire, my 3xgreat grandma Mary in Anglesey (with two of her children) and one of her other children has appeared in Shropshire.

So now I know I wasn't going mad when I couldn't find them before - had tried every reinterpretation of the surname I could think of. I would never have thought to check if I hadn't seen this.