Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

marriage certificates

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Emma

Emma Report 9 Jun 2009 22:39

I am searching for my grandmother, i have her name Joyce winifred Waight, it is listed on my dads birth record on here. how can i look further into finding her just from this, can you get her information anywhere just from this piece of info. it only givers her name and nothing else, would appreciate the help thanks emma.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 9 Jun 2009 22:48

Some idea of dates and location would be useful.

Emma

Emma Report 9 Jun 2009 22:52

i have my dads name keith walker and his dob is 30/4/48 born in pitsea essex. his dads name reginald(9/12/17) allenby walker and his mother joyce winifred waight, thats all i have. thanks in advance if you can help

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 9 Jun 2009 23:11

Got a bit sidetracked.

Have checked marriages for 1945-1948 and not yet found it

Kate

Kate Report 9 Jun 2009 23:12

Have you tried http://www.freebmd.org.uk?

There is a Joyce W Waight born in the June quarter of 1924 in the Ipswich district (mother's name - Ashton). There are a couple of other Joyces but she's the only Joyce W.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 9 Jun 2009 23:14

Oh bother

Just checked the birth registration and the mothers surname is WEIGHT !!

Unless I am looking at the wrong one

Births for Pitsea I think should come under Billericay but not found one

Maureen

Emma

Emma Report 9 Jun 2009 23:23

Kate i found that one too, she is the only joyce waight for quite a few years, she has shown up on someones tre and i messaged ages ago with no reply. It seems if she is the one maybe she hasnt told any of her current family as my dad last saw her when he was 2. Do u know where i can go from here, if people(Her family) dont want to get involved what else can i do? thanks
glitter thanks for looking for me its a marriage im struggling with as on my dads birth certficate she is listed as walker and formerley waight, im beginning to think they wernt married and it was just written on his birth certificate for the sake of face. thanks also emma x