Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

F.T.M. Help.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 9 Jun 2009 23:43

Hi.

I have recently bought a copy of F.T.M. 2009.

When it shows 'Ancestry Hit Found'' it asks me to save this record to my shoebox.

Could anyone please tell me where my shoebox is ??

Kind Regards,

Dave.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 9 Jun 2009 23:51

under the bed?

David

David Report 9 Jun 2009 23:59

Hi Ann of Green Gables.

I've looked there, still can't find it.

Dave.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 10 Jun 2009 00:05

to be honest I've often wondered about these shoeboxes so will be interested when someone comes up with the answer!!!

David

David Report 10 Jun 2009 00:06

Thanks Ann.

Rose

Rose Report 10 Jun 2009 00:47

Hi David

I use my shoebox a lot. So many times I have struggled to remember where it is. When I have found it I will write it down for future and tell you ,unless someone tells you before I find it LOL

Rose

Rose

Rose Report 10 Jun 2009 01:31

Hi David

I have no idea what F T M is but I use this facility a lot on Ancestry.

Save the record to your shoebox. Click on continue. If you scroll back to the top of the box above i.e. 1881 census abt ........... it should state 'this record has been added to your shoebox'. Go to Ancestry home page, scroll to bottom and you should see 'MY SHOEBOX' on the left hand side. It will show which document i.e. 1881 census and the persons name. When you want to refer back to this info click on the person and it should bring up the info for you.

Hope I have made it clear.

Its great to use if you suddenly see something along your travels.,rather than make a note and forget about it you can put in in YOUR SHOEBOX
and check it out at a later time, thats if you remember LOL

Rose

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 10 Jun 2009 09:53

FTM - Family Tree Maker

Rose

Rose Report 10 Jun 2009 10:23

Thanks Ann, I am a dope!!!

David

David Report 14 Jun 2009 10:15

Ann.

Thank-you very much.