Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

the census searching addresses/

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Victoria

Victoria Report 12 Jun 2009 16:09

hi, how can i find census infomation on houses not names, i'm mainly on ansestory but can't find out how to do it any help. i have several addresses been in family for many years and would like to search them.

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 12 Jun 2009 16:16

The Find my Past website has an address search facility

With Ancestry, the only way in is through the enumeration districts.
Open the census search page.Scroll down under the box and choose which census you want. Click on it and a new search page opens up just for that census.
Scroll right down again and choose the county, then choose the town or village
If there is more than one enumeration district shown, click on "View description of enumeration district" and see if the road you want is there.
If not try the next one. Once you find it go back and click on that district number, it is then just a matter of browsing through the pages

Linda

Ricochet

Ricochet Report 12 Jun 2009 16:56

You can search 1881 by address on Ancestry

RutlandBelle

RutlandBelle Report 12 Jun 2009 18:22

you can search on here for 1841 and 1851, it is a new project and gives the ref for streets that you can then put into Ancestry

http://yourarchives.nationalarchives.gov.uk/index.php?title=Your_Archives:Historical_Streets_Project