Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tree matches

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joy

Joy Report 13 Jun 2009 05:48

It has probably been asked before - but why don't I get any enquiries with matches in my tree? I am always the one asking to view peoples trees. Don't quite understand that..........

SimonSez

SimonSez Report 13 Jun 2009 07:28

Dont worry Joy, as your tree grows so will the enquiries by others. Just be careful who you do open your tree to when they do ask !
See that they are true connections and not just people interested in the name collecting game that rob all the info from your tree and never contact you again.

I'm sure others will agree.

Simon

Joy

Joy Report 13 Jun 2009 07:37

Thank you for that Simon, I tend to trust everyone. Will keep on my guard
Regards,
Joy

Helen in Bucks

Helen in Bucks Report 13 Jun 2009 08:29

also quite a lot of members choose not to receive hot matches, so they wouldn't know they had a match with you

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 13 Jun 2009 08:49

Following on from Helens' point. check for yourself in the "Search Trees" box at the top of this page to see what matches show on there