Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Belford, Ireland

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andrew

Andrew Report 15 Jun 2009 23:47

Hi, I have a rellie listed on the Liverpool Census as being born in Belford, Ireland. I thought it might have been Belfast, but looking at the original document Belford is quite legible. Anyone know where about in Ireland Belford is?
Thx

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 16 Jun 2009 00:18

I use Memory-Map for finding places and it's usually very good - even quite small places are listed. However there is no Belford recorded in Ireland on there.

Kath. x

Kate

Kate Report 16 Jun 2009 01:02

There's a Belford in Northumberland, I think - quite the wrong side of Britain to Ireland, but perhaps the person who filled the form in misinterpreted the accent of the person born in Belford and believed them to be Irish?

Patricia

Patricia Report 2 Sep 2015 23:15

I too Have an Ancestor born in Belford, Ireland-William J Hutchinson born abt 1850-other census give it as in the county of Down...Still trying to find any other information for my relative-wish you luck with yours
Pat :-) :-)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 3 Sep 2015 09:23

Hi there Patricia - welcome to the boards :-)

this is an old posting - you could try to make contact with Andrew through this site by clicking on his name to send him a message

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 3 Sep 2015 16:51

Patricia, as County Down is in Northern Ireland, you may find some information in these registers, which have recently been made available (free). I found lots about my Irish ancestors and my brick wall is now two more generations further back!

http://registers.nli.ie/