Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help finding marriage

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Brenda

Brenda Report 18 Jun 2009 08:17

hi could anybody find the marriage of john thomas nixon to mary ann bates mary was my maternal grand mother when she married my grandfather in 1918 she was a widow aged 29
so all i had to go on was her married name (nixon)
searched the 1911 census yesterday and found her with john thomas nixon states they were married 1 year but i have searched free bmd and i cant find their marriage
on the1911 census he is 46 and she is only 23 they might have(eloped)
so any help finding their marriage would be great
regards brenda

Bren from Oldham

Bren from Oldham Report 18 Jun 2009 08:37

Where did they live in1911? this would help in trying to trace their marriage

Brenda

Brenda Report 18 Jun 2009 08:47

hi bren and jonesey
john and mary were living 28 fox street gateshead i thought i would have found their marriage newcastle or gateshead area as mary is from newcastle and john is from percy main nothumberland
i had found johns death the same one as you jonesey
i also found a birth john t nixon (sep 1914 gateshead 10a 2231)
and a death john t nixon (dec 1915 newcastle 10b 201)thats how i worked out i had the right mary married to john as the birth record for john t 1914 has marys maiden name bates
kind regards brenda

Brenda

Brenda Report 18 Jun 2009 08:53

hi every one
its so frustrating
thanks brenda