Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

At a loss

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 20 Jun 2009 12:08

Anyone any advice as to where to start to find someone or details about them. Its too early for any census info so where do we start?
All we know from birth certificate is his name
Hugh Dempsey
He lived in Lennoxtown outside Glasgow in 1954/55 possibly longer.
I know the street address at that time
Dont know when he was born but Im guessing in the 1930's
I dont even know if he would still be alive

We are also on the other side of the world in Australia which makes it hard too. Any help much appreciated

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 20 Jun 2009 17:25

Linda, I have nothing to do with Scotland at all, but as no-one else has replied thought I's ask if you have tried the site Scotland's People? I've seen it recommended many times. Have a look on the Records Office section, someone has posted there about credits.
Jan

Linda

Linda Report 20 Jun 2009 22:57

Thank you Janet and Elaine

I have searched the Scotlands People site Ive used it lots of times its a great site but expensive I researched most of my family tree using it. I have come up with a quite a few Hugh Dempseys on Scotlands People, the only problem is because the info I am looking for now is of a later date and the person is younger there is no image to view for any documents so all I can get is the name and date and the place listed of birth and or death as Glasgow and surrounds and Glasgow covers a massive area and suburbs, so he could be any one of them or none as I only know where he lived in his 20's he could be anywhere in the world now.

Thanks for you help