Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Computer Help !

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 24 Jun 2009 11:15

I have been sent images of several documents in JPEG.
I had expected to be able to pring them but find I cannot !!

I have tried to convert them to a word doc but that does not seem to work either although it may be me I am not very good away from the basics !

Advice please ? !

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 24 Jun 2009 12:11

Yes,they are a scanned image but they will not print when I open them-I have an idea that they need to be converted but am not sure-or if so- how to do it !

Sam

Sam Report 24 Jun 2009 12:18

They shouldn't need to be converted to anything if they are JPEGs. What happens when you try to print, do you get an error message?

Sam x

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 24 Jun 2009 15:36

Sorted !!

Thanks Sam-you made me look again at what was happening and the default message was to the fax machine( which I do not have kept saying it was not connected! )when I selected the proper printer option it worked !

Thank you for your replys

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 24 Jun 2009 18:12

Well done put SORTED in you original heading - and job done.