Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Post-mortem Access.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 27 Jun 2009 16:50

Hi, I've found out that a member of my Family had a post-mortem in the late 70's,there was also an inquiry into her death, I'm just wondering if it's possible to access this information?
Many thanks
Julie

Arfermo

Arfermo Report 27 Jun 2009 16:59

Hello--I aquired a full copy of my uncles postmortem and inquest findings, when he was killed at work in 1980. I wrote to the coroners office (Liverpool) , but it took a few weeks to locate because they had to order it up from their archive department some miles away. There was no charge. I have heard from others on this site though, who had no joy with this, but give it a go. The more detail you give them the better.

Julie

Julie Report 27 Jun 2009 17:02

Thanks for that, I wasn't sure if it was possible due to 100 year privacy law. I will give it a go, fingers crossed :)

Arfermo

Arfermo Report 27 Jun 2009 17:55

Well lets get GR to answer that one, because it should'nt be left in such a ambiguous state. I've known lots of people on here giving so many different experiences--yes or no--free or charged, it's not good enough, so I'll take it on myself to find out---if i can. One mysterious and linked outcome from my uncles death and coroners report. NO ONE knows what became of his remains--you name an official organisation involved, and they have no answers. Welcome to secret Britain!

Arfermo

Arfermo Report 27 Jun 2009 18:14

GR --I've asked for--an received advice /suggests in the past.