Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can I address search

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathlyn

Kathlyn Report 30 Jun 2009 16:00

I am having a problem finding this person by name, but I do have an address for 1901. Can I search using this?

He is Thomas Gibbons, born abt. 1840, poss. in the London area. Living in 1901 in Moreton Lodge, London E5

PaulaW

PaulaW Report 30 Jun 2009 16:10

????????

Births Dec 1839 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gibbons Thomas John St Luke 2 273

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OR

Births Sep 1841 (>99%)

Gibbons Thomas Stepney 2 419

Adam

Adam Report 30 Jun 2009 16:12

Hi,
I tried Moreton Lodge on Find my Past & comes up with nothing.
The only 2 Thomas gibbons I have found was in Morpeth St,Bethnal Green in 1901 with wife Ellen.
And one living in Hackney with wife Charlotte.
Moreton Lodge could well be a house name,but would need a street name to search.

Thelma

Thelma Report 30 Jun 2009 16:14

1901?????
Thomas Gibbins abt 1842 Paddington, London, England Head Paddington, London
View Record
Thomas Gibbons Ellen abt 1840 Whitechapel, London, England Head Bethnal Green, London
View Record
Thomas Gibbons Charlotte abt 1842 Limehouse, London, England Head Hackney, London

Kathlyn

Kathlyn Report 30 Jun 2009 16:19

Paula, Jim, Adam,

Many thanks, that at least gives me a road (no pun intended) to go down.

I am reliable !!!! told by Thomas Gibbons granddaughter that he was a "Gent"....Oh but how often has a family story been trashed.

Thanks again,

kathlyn

PaulaW

PaulaW Report 30 Jun 2009 16:22

Perhaps she meant that he was very polite!

Also on the surname board regarding same family