Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Pdf or Adobe format?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rose

Rose Report 1 Jul 2009 20:00

I am going to buy a CD of baps,births,marr etc. There are 2 available one is Indexed transcriptions in pdf and the other
is CD-Rom Adobe format..

Is there someone that can tell me which is the best to purchase.

Many thanks
Rose

Ron

Ron Report 1 Jul 2009 21:03

Needs some clariication Rose.

PDF could and probably is Adobe Acrobat PDF. so both are the same.

Ron
www.genealogyprinters.com

Rose

Rose Report 1 Jul 2009 21:28

Hi Ron, Strange if they are both the same as they are from the same supplier, via Parish Chest.
Thank you for telling me as I get so confused. There is a site that I can download for free and the images are pdf. It takes ages to download and I did not want to order a CD if it was going to be similar. Buying the CD I hope will be much quicker and it will certainly be cheaper than travelling
somewhere to view.

Many thanks
Rose

Ron

Ron Report 1 Jul 2009 22:05

Give Parish Chest a call, I know the owners Frank and Pam, they won't be able to answer your question as they are resellers but if you explain they will e -mail the seller and find out for you.

Ron
www.genealogyprinters.com

Rose

Rose Report 1 Jul 2009 23:22

Hi Ron.
Thank you very much, very kind of you, will contact them.

Rose