Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Records in Ireland

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sheri

Sheri Report 3 Jul 2009 17:51

Does anyone know the best site to use to get information from 1908 in Ireland?

Jlove

Jlove Report 3 Jul 2009 17:55

Hi Sheri

What sort of info are you after and whereabouts in Ireland?

Janis

Sheri

Sheri Report 3 Jul 2009 18:11

Hello Janis. All I know is that my Nan Eileen O'Neill was born on 20/6/1908 and I have been told that she came from Ireland, possibly Wexford, Waterford, Wicklow? I am very new at this and really dont know where to go from here. I would just like to know a bit of history on my Nan really. Hopefully this could lead to a bigger family tree that I am trying to do. Any help gratefully received. Many thanks Sheri

Potty

Potty Report 3 Jul 2009 18:58

familysearch has Irish BDMs for 1908 - click on Search Records, then Record Search Pilot, click on the Europe on the map and scroll down to Ireland

Jlove

Jlove Report 3 Jul 2009 19:05

I have an Eileen Mary O'Neill b Apr-Jun 1908 in Dublin North on www.pilot.familysearch.org. Also an Eileen b 1908 in Westmeath died in 1938. (Westmeath is nw of Dublin while Wicklow/Wexford/Waterford are along the coast south of Dublin)

Was she definately born in 1908? Do you have her birth cert? If not you could send for it through groi - download the form and detail the info you know and put 'unknown' in place of birth (should be ok!)

The other option is to use her marriage cert. Did she marry in Ireland?

The 1911 census returns for Wexford are online but can't find an Eileen O'Neill for that county. Fraid you'll have to wait for Waterford and Wicklow to go online.

The other site to use is www.brsgenealogy.com but only Wicklow is currently available from the counties you have listed.

Hope that helps a little!

Sheri

Sheri Report 16 Jul 2009 08:23

Hello there, I have now found out that she ended up in an orphanage but Wexford is somewhere in the equation. She married my grandad in England in 1933. Will keep trying the searches. Many thanks for all your help. Sheri