Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help finding a death reg. please!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Frances

Frances Report 6 Jul 2009 17:19

Hello,

Need a fresh pair of eyes to look for a death reg. please! In 1891 Census Frances Robinson was living in Lansdowne Road, West Ham. Her husband Edward Robinson died in 1892 in an accident (I’m about to order his death cert.)

According to my late Mum’s handwritten Tree, Frances died around 1896 and I certainly can’t find her on 1901 Census. But I can’t find her death reg. on Free BMD either! The closest I found was 1893, Bethnal Green – I ordered this cert. and it’s the wrong one!

I have her birth cert, which shows no middle name (which may narrow it down a bit). Born Frances Leader 1846, Stepney.

From what year were you legally required to register a death?

I’ve even searched for a new marriage between 1892 – 1901 but no matches.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 6 Jul 2009 17:58

Hi Frances

There is a death of Fanny Robinson age 47 in West Ham, Mar 1896, 4a/61. I note that on the 1891 census she is age 43, so that seems close.

Margaret

Frances

Frances Report 6 Jul 2009 18:13

Thanks Jonesy & Madmeg. Yes, that death in 1896 does look very likely, I will order that certificate. I'd forgotten to check for alternative names. Fortunately no-one has ever called me Fanny!