Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help with finding a death record please anyone

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen

Karen Report 7 Jul 2009 14:18

Hi, I am trying to trace my maternal family history but knew very little to start with I have found my grandparents marraige entry and some offspring inc my mother but no rec of his death Frederick Baldock married wandsworth elizabeth french 1913aged 23 I have searched registers any ideas gratefully received
cheers Karrie

Nickydownsouth

Nickydownsouth Report 7 Jul 2009 14:35

This is the only one that comes up in deaths 1984-2005....and this one is obviously too young if he was 23 in 1913.

Frederick William Baldock
Birth Date: 16 Sep 1895
Death Registration Month/Year: Jan 1990
Age at death (estimated): 94
Registration district: Chiltern and South Bucks
Inferred County: Buckinghamshire
Volume: 19
Page: 1122

Looking at freeebmd the last child listed born to the couple is 1927, so the only way is to search year by year through the death entries starting at 1927 on ancestry, your local library will probably have access if you don`t have a subscription. , ..freebmd only goes up to about 1935-40.

Nicky

Nickydownsouth

Nickydownsouth Report 7 Jul 2009 14:47

This one is the correct age, could this be him.?

Deaths Mar 1931 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Baldock Frederick 40 Battersea 1d 689

Nicky

Sheila

Sheila Report 11 Aug 2012 23:05

Hello Karen,

My family, on my fathers side was Baldock, and lived around the Wandsworth area. I have done a lot of research on the family, and if you have not found what you were looking for, perhaps I can help.

Sheila.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 12 Aug 2012 00:23

Hi Sheila

This thread is over 3 years old, and it is very likely that Karen is not expecting any replies ....... indeed, she didn't return here in the first place.

GR does not send messages re new postings on threads.

May I suggest that you send a pm (personal message).

Just click on Karen's name or on Send Message (shows when you hover the mouse cursor over the avatar).

Type your information in the box that appears, then click Submit.

GR will then send a message to Karen to say that there is a message waiting in the internal messaging system.

Then all you have to do is hope that Karen still has the same email address that GR has on file.

Good luck

sylvia

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 12 Aug 2012 01:29

Had a quick look and it seems to be this family in C1891 at 1 Albert Terrace, Balham. Is yours the same, Sheila?

Thomas BALDOCK, 29, carman in laundry, b Portsmouth
Amy, wife, 28, b Hythe
William, son, 5, b Folkestone
Mabel, 2, b Balham
Frederick, 11 months, b Balham

In C1911 in Balham, Amy Maria has been married 26 years, 12 confinements, 11 living (in order, Thomas W, Gertrude E, Mabel, Fredreick, Florence, Clara, Leonard, Frank and 3 others)

Fred b Mar Q1890 bt Balham St Mary 2 July 1890. Died Mar Q 1931 aged 40.

Wife Elizabeth Harriet Jessie FRENCH b c 1890 Greenwich, Md Edward B KNIGHT in Surrey Mid E June 1938 Q

Had not realised till Sylvia pointed it out that it was an old thread.

Bw John

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 12 Aug 2012 07:00

John

all I can suggest is that you send Karen a pm, as I suggested to Sheila.

Lots of these old messages are being raised as a result of the "Discussions" on Home Page.

Unfortunately, most of the posters are long gone from the site, for various reasons.

sylvia