Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

William Hill and Susannah Hill Leeds

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

nuttybongo

nuttybongo Report 8 Jul 2009 16:09

Hi there,
Don't know if you are allowed to do look ups anymore. But all i wanted to know where William Hill and Susannah Hill were born, they are married. It is the 1841 census that i am interested in only. Please if you can, that would be great, if you can't please don't get into any trouble, i will just have to get to the library sometime. Many thanks everyone

Irene

Irene Report 8 Jul 2009 16:20

There are 121 Susannah Hill's in 1841 census and it does not show the husbands name at the same time as the other census do. Where did they marry that might narrow the search down at bit. Irene

nuttybongo

nuttybongo Report 8 Jul 2009 16:23

hi irene
they married in1807 leeds

Thelma

Thelma Report 8 Jul 2009 16:25

The 1841 will not show where born.Only in or out of county.
There are none showing in Leeds.

nuttybongo

nuttybongo Report 8 Jul 2009 16:30

hi irene,
thanks for that, yes i forgot about the birth thing. Know they married in 1807 and had a child in 1808, should have picked an easier name to find, like westnedge or something lol. Many thanks though

Irene

Irene Report 8 Jul 2009 16:32

Was he a smith of some kind - there is a Wm and Susannah living Sheffield. Irene

nuttybongo

nuttybongo Report 8 Jul 2009 16:38

hi irene,
Definately a Hill and not smith. Know that son John Lived in barwick in Elmet, not to suggest that William maybe dies and susannah remarries, the only susannah i have found dead on free bmd in Leeds is in 1843, no age on there though.

Irene

Irene Report 8 Jul 2009 16:46

I meant his occupation - was he a smithy of some kind. Irene

nuttybongo

nuttybongo Report 8 Jul 2009 16:47

oops sorry about that, what was i thinking
his son is a labourer and then his son after that goes in coal mining, does that help or not.
thanks alot

Irene

Irene Report 8 Jul 2009 22:01

I did have another look for you but found most of the Williams and Susannah's too young to have been married 1807 - they must have been born in the late 1700's.
Leeds in the 1841 census shows Chapletown, Holbeck,Hunslet, Kirkdale, Leeds West, North Leeds and Wortley. I do not know that area so those districts do not mean a lot to me. Perhaps if you know the names of their children they may be found living near them.
Regards Irene

nuttybongo

nuttybongo Report 9 Jul 2009 17:31

thank you so much irene. At the moment the only child living with them would have been John Hill and John is such a common name too.
thanks again