Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

View and Print Census Page

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Keith

Keith Report 9 Jul 2009 00:22

After "clicking" Census all I get is a blank Page. What am I not doing?, it is costing me. I want to see the Page and Print it. Keith
[email protected]

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 Jul 2009 00:31

Hi
Firstly you should remove your email address as its against T &C to post it on here as its an open forum so you may get unwanted emails cos it can be found by googling. You can be contacted off board by clicking on your name.
Are you using genes to do census searching ?? its way to expensive to do that as they dont hold records just divert you to another site .If you are having problems with pages through genes you should contact them

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 9 Jul 2009 05:55

TRY
SAVE AS ON PC THEN PRINT
FROM PC

Julie

Julie Report 9 Jul 2009 08:19

I always save mine too then print

Hugh

Hugh Report 9 Jul 2009 10:13

Hello
Do you mean you get a blank page on your screen ? if yes, Be sure you
have downloaded Adobe reader latest version. I had the same problem
before

Thelma

Thelma Report 9 Jul 2009 10:35

How can Genes records be called expensive?
Gold Membership Only £34.95 for 6 months
This includes standard membership.

"they dont hold records just divert you to another site "
If this site they divert you to is:-
http://www.1901censusonline.com/main.asp?wci=welcome
19/08/2005
Friends Reunited is building on the tremendous growth of its genealogy site Genes Reunited with the acquisition of The National Archives 1901 Census from science and technology company QinetiQ for £3.3 million.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 9 Jul 2009 10:46

Actually, the 'original' 1901 census transcriptions, now owned and managed by GR is far superior that the Ancestry offering which was a rushed job and contained numerous errors.

I wonder how many of those who knock GR's Gold membership have even tried it?