Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Searching for a French Ancestor ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Hugh

Hugh Report 10 Jul 2009 20:40

Hi every one. If you are searching for a French ancestor, I can help you.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 10 Jul 2009 21:32

Hi there Hugh - realise you are trying to help people but it is not allowed to put your email address on here - people can reach you by clicking on your name to send a message or by posting details on this thread

Ann

Janet

Janet Report 14 Jul 2009 12:06

Just like to say that that I have sent a pm to Hugh and he has been more than helpful for that I say a big Thank You.-J Le

LizRees

LizRees Report 14 Jul 2009 16:12

Hi there Hugh,

Thanks for your kind offer of help with French ancestors.

I am researching the family of a lady called Blanche Angelique Dire (or possibly 'Du Dire'). The surname might have been spelt differently in France.

Blanche was born in, or near, Paris in 1860 or 1861. For some reason she moved to England - according to the 1881 Census she was visiting friends in Litchurch, Derbyshire.

In Jan/Feb/March 1881 she married John Miles in Derby. The couple had about 6 children and lived in Wiltshire. Blanche died in March 1892.

I would love to know more about Blanche's French family - Do you have any access to a census in the 1850s or 1860s, that might show her or her parents? Or maybe a birth record.

I would be grateful for any information you can provide.

Best wishes
Liz

Evelyn

Evelyn Report 22 Jul 2009 17:30

Hi Hugh. I am searching for my great-great-grandfather, surname Herra. I believe he was married to a Marie Rose (possibly Leclere) who was born in Paris @1822. They had a child, Adolphus Herra, who was also born in Paris @ 1842.

' Mary Rose Herra' then appears in the UK 1851 census as Head of Household with two children, Adolphus, and Emanuel (b. London @1850).

In 1853 she appears in Free BMD with a marriage to a Joseph Patty. 'Rose Mary Patty' then appears on the 1911 Dublin census living with her son Henry Edward Herra.

Any information you can dig up re Paris births and weddings would really be appreciated. Thanks

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 22 Jul 2009 17:53

Etienne C. LECLERE Head M Male 45 Paris, France Chemist At Chemical Wks
Analina LECLERE Wife M Female 39 Palaisean, France
Maria H. LECLERE Daur U Female 21 Paris, France Dressmaker
Adrianne LECLERE Daur U Female 17 Paris, France
Athenais LECLERE Daur Female 12 Paris, France Scholar
Charles F. LECLERE Son Male 10 Paris, France Scholar
Emile H. LECLERE Son Male 8 Crumpsall, Lancashire, England Scholar
John LECLERE Son Male 6 Crumpsall, Lancashire, England Scholar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source Information:
Dwelling 123 Cleveland Rd
Census Place Crumpsall, Lancashire, England
Family History Library Film 1341961
Public Records Office Reference RG11
Piece / Folio 4026 / 86
Page Number 25

Christine

Christine Report 24 Jul 2009 10:45

hello Hugh

Thank you for your kind offer. Have sent you a PM in the hope that you can help to find my grandfather's illegitimate daughter in France, from WW1.

Evelyn

Evelyn Report 24 Jul 2009 17:43

Thanks you Anne of Green Gables. Sorry I did not get back to this sooner. I'll try following this up.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 24 Jul 2009 18:00

good luck with your search

Janet

Janet Report 20 Oct 2009 12:20

n