Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A really silly Question!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mary

Mary Report 12 Jul 2009 17:17

If I send a message to someone and a purple, closed envelope remains beside it, can I assume the message wasn't received/opened, however long ago it was sent? Basic I know but I need to know for sure!

Debbie K

Debbie K Report 12 Jul 2009 17:19

once the purple envelope has been opened then you know they have read the message if it remains closed then they have not read it.

Deb

Debbie K

Debbie K Report 12 Jul 2009 17:20

Oh by the way not a silly question I only found that out a few weeks ago LOL

Deb

Mary

Mary Report 12 Jul 2009 17:24

Thanks Debbie, I sent someone a message 3 years ago and a couple since with no reply. I was very disappointed but have just discovered the closed envelopes.

Debbie K

Debbie K Report 12 Jul 2009 17:28

Hi Mary

I have a couple like that just a thought maybe they are no longer members ?

Im not sure if you can reply to messages on this site if you are no longer a member

Perhaps sombody else can answer that one

All the best Deb

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 12 Jul 2009 17:47

Yes you can reply if you not a member .What you cant do is Initiate a contact.
Sounds as if the email address may not still be operative