Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

where to look next

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gary

Gary Report 14 Jul 2009 17:25

i am looking for help
i have checked the 1911 census for the information i need.i now need information fron 1916 onwards.can anyone point me in the right direction where to look for information after 1916,mainly somerset and worcestershire area.
thanks Gary

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 14 Jul 2009 17:32

Much too vague Gary! Depends what you need. Freebmd will list births, marriages and deaths up to 1920's-30's after that it's ancestry or the like.
Jan

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 14 Jul 2009 17:33

What sort of information?

Jill

Gary

Gary Report 14 Jul 2009 19:32

hi
and thanks for reply
i am looking for my grandmother,may sweet.i know she was born may 1916 at long ashton.her mother was mabel sweet.no father recorded.according to family they seem to think she lived in yatton.but all i have is her birth certificate.once she is born i cannot find where her or mabel went.
thanking in advance for any help.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 14 Jul 2009 19:33

You can go straight to 1911 census site (just google) but you do have to pay to see originals. However, a lot cn be gleaned without this, such as members of a household if you have enough info to be sure you have the right family. No addresses though!
Jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 14 Jul 2009 19:36

So, did she not marry your grandfather?
Jan

Gary

Gary Report 14 Jul 2009 19:42

no mabel did`nt marry.no fathers name on birth certificate.i just can`t seem to find mabel or may sweet after 1916.mabel was living in yatton has a servant according to 1911 census.thats the last information i have of them
thanks

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 14 Jul 2009 19:54

Freebmd has some marriages for Mabel SWEETs after 1916,

Gwyn

Paul

Paul Report 14 Jul 2009 21:58

If you have got addresses you can check the electoral registers for each year at your local archive or record office

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 14 Jul 2009 22:12

Gary, have you checked out all the people with May/Mabel Sweet born Long Ashton in their trees? May not match dates but a good chance they are connected in some way. Just go to search box above.
Jan

Gary

Gary Report 14 Jul 2009 22:18

thanks for the replys.