Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How do I print the replies to my Thread.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Derek

Derek Report 16 Jul 2009 22:23

I would be very grateful if someone could help...Is it possible to print my Derbyshire thread?? I'm taking several enquiries to Matlock Records office......and would be so much easier printed!
Many thanks

Derek

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 16 Jul 2009 22:30

I would have thought that copy and paste into a word type of document would be the way to do it.

If you got to "File" across top of screen and print review you get all the adverts etc.

AllanC

AllanC Report 16 Jul 2009 22:30

Just click on file and print as you would normally. You'll get a lot of Genes Reunited stuff to start with and then your replies spread over several pages.

Alternatively cut and paste them to WordPad or something and print from that.

Derek

Derek Report 16 Jul 2009 22:50

Thanks AllanC and Glitter Baby........Unfortunately I have just printed loads of stuff over several pages and its still only given me the first page of my thread.......There are 100 pages!!
I have to admit I have no idea how to cut and paste'

Thanks for trying

Derek

Netty

Netty Report 16 Jul 2009 23:10

Hi Derek, if you want to give it a try,Take your mouse, and place your cursor at the beginning of the text you want to copy, then click and hold the left mouse button, while pulling your mouse over the text. This should highlight the text. Now release the left mouse button. With the cursor over the highlighted text, right click the mouse for options, and select 'copy'. Go to wordpad and right click your mouse again, and select 'paste' and you will have copied and pasted the text.

http://tinyurl.com/kjgj4r

Hope this helps.

Derek

Derek Report 16 Jul 2009 23:23

Netty........thanks.......please tell this dummy where Wordpad is??

Thank you

Derek

Derek Report 16 Jul 2009 23:28

Actually I've found how to do it on Microsoft Word...many thanks