Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help I don't want to look daft !!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sandra

Sandra Report 17 Jul 2009 20:33

Can someone please look up the following details on SP and see if anything comes up, it will not cost you any credits because I don't think its there, I have the following details which I know are correct as I have the certs, BUT they are not showing up, I want to send an e.mail to SP to point this out, but the last I did, 24 hours later I had a reply from them saying " we found them easily " and implied I didnt know what I was doing, so please check this out for me.

Alexina Forbes McRobbie,born 13/7/1918 Durris Kincardineshire, dies 6 months later 29/01/1919 Durris Kincardineshire, birth is there but no death, I have kept searching for more than 1 year on SP and found nothing, a friend went to the registrar's and found it straight away, Sooo, before I fire off another e.mail telling them their records are not complete, Please check it out for me.

Kind regards
Sandra

Helen

Helen Report 17 Jul 2009 20:45

Sandra,

Checked on Scotlandspeople:

Birth and death are both recorded.

Helen

Sandra

Sandra Report 17 Jul 2009 20:49

I wonder what I am doing wrong, because I couldnt find the death, thanks very much for looking Helen, that's saved me looking like a fool.

Regards
Sandra

Helen

Helen Report 17 Jul 2009 20:54

Sandra,

An easily made mistake is to put the christian name in first - instead of the surname.

Try again .... otherwise I can't think what's going wrong.

Helen