Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Source of data?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rose

Rose Report 18 Jul 2009 00:43

Someone contacted me and gave me details of 3 people to add to my tree. In their section, source of data it starts RNI. Please can someone tell me where this might have been found ?

Many thanks
Rose

AllanC

AllanC Report 18 Jul 2009 09:32

A new one on me. Looked up RNI on Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RNI) and the only one remotely likely, and even that seems far-fetched, is The Office of the Registrar of Newspapers for India.
But no-doubt someone will enlighten you (and me) soon.

Rose

Rose Report 18 Jul 2009 12:34

Hi

Thank you, it seems strange that he has this information on most of his family and they were all born in England. May be it is the initials of the office where he found the info?
Didn't think to get back to the person who sent info, dim or what lol

Rose