Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Delete tree from GR

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 18 Jul 2009 21:33

I wanted to delete my tree from GR as it contained only the Scottish side of the family and then put on the English side.

So did the delete tree instruction but it left a male born 1868 on my tree and not me. Was this because when I loaded the original GEDCOM I must have been looking at this male and he showed as main person on tree.

How do I delete this person as he will not fit with the English side of my tree?

How do I get my name in place of this male?

Do I do another GEDCOM on Scottish side - with me showing on screen when I save - so it over rides and then I delete again?

Maureen

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 18 Jul 2009 21:44

If it's just him showing can't you overtype the info with your details?

Jill

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 18 Jul 2009 22:05

Jill

Thank you for that idea. I had not thought of the obvious.

It seems to have worked.

Maureen