Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

NBI lookup please?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Benjamin

Benjamin Report 19 Jul 2009 18:54

Hi

Could anyone please lookup the burial of a Sarah Richardson in Terling in Essex from 1850 to 1860 please?

Thanks

Ben

Sliwowski

Sliwowski Report 19 Jul 2009 20:00

There were also a number of Sarah Richardsons living in Terling at the time. You may have to be a little more specific as to which one. Do you have the age she may be or the approx. year whe was born?

Benjamin

Benjamin Report 19 Jul 2009 20:02

Hi

In the 1851 census there are two Sarah Richardsons in Terling. Mine is the elder one born about 1777-1778.
She is aged 73 on the 1851 census.

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 19 Jul 2009 20:03

This one?

First name(s): Sarah
Last name: RICHARDSON
Date of burial: 1 Mar 1856
Age at death: 68
Calculated year of birth: 1788
Place of burial: Terling
Dedication: All Saints
County: Essex

Terling All Saints:
Denomination: Anglican

Chris

*****Post crossed with previous****

Sliwowski

Sliwowski Report 19 Jul 2009 20:07

Ben, if this is Sarah nee Tyrell I have often wondered if it was this burial, although the age is ten years out...?

Sliwowski

Sliwowski Report 19 Jul 2009 20:09

I've also been unable to find a suitable death record for her, nothing in Witham District

Benjamin

Benjamin Report 19 Jul 2009 20:09

Hi

Yes my Sarah Tyrrel was born in about 1778 in Terling. She wed Robert Richardson in 1799.

Why is the age 10 years out though????

I cannot find any other Sarah Richardsons of that age group in the area though born about 1787-1788.

The only Sarah Richardson death which took place in the March quarter of 1855 in Essex was in Dunmow registration district.

Ben

Sliwowski

Sliwowski Report 19 Jul 2009 20:13

I'm wondering if her death wasn't registered. Otherwise it could only have been misregistered by incorrect spelling or name. I'll take another broader look quickly.

Sliwowski

Sliwowski Report 19 Jul 2009 20:16

Her husband possibly?

Surname First name(s) Age District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deaths Mar 1838 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Richardson Robert Witham 12 239

Sliwowski

Sliwowski Report 19 Jul 2009 20:17

These are the only Richardson deaths in Witham district 1851-1861

Surname First name(s) Age District Vol Page

Deaths Jun 1853 (>99%)

Richardson Martha Ann Witham 4a 191
Richardson Mary Ann Witham 4a 191

Deaths Sep 1853 (>99%)

Richardson John Witham 4a 153

Deaths Jun 1855 (>99%)

Richardson George Witham 4a 187
Richardson Mary Witham 4a 183

Deaths Mar 1860 (>99%)

Richardson Mehetabel Witham 4a 209
Richardson Nehetabel Witham 4a 209

Sliwowski

Sliwowski Report 19 Jul 2009 20:20

No, nothing. It's been bugging me for months! Perhaps she went to one of her sons houses to stay and died there!

Benjamin

Benjamin Report 19 Jul 2009 20:20

Hi

It could be they got her age wrong. Maybe they meant 78 instead of 68. If she possibly died in Dunmow district she may have died at a institution and they got her age at death wrong by 10 years.

I cannot find any Sarah Richardsons that would fit with that age at burial in the 1851 census in the area.

Ben

Benjamin

Benjamin Report 19 Jul 2009 20:24

Hi

The death cert wll probably tell more. Hopefully it will say widow of Robert and if the informant was another relative this may help confirm my case.

Sliwowski

Sliwowski Report 19 Jul 2009 20:24

I do think that you're most likely right. Not that I know why she should be in an institution when she was with her daughter. I guess only the Dunmow certificate would tell us either way.

Sliwowski

Sliwowski Report 19 Jul 2009 20:31

One last thought... maybe if you found her husbands grave she may have been buried with him?

Benjamin

Benjamin Report 19 Jul 2009 20:33

Hi

In 1851 census she is living with her grandson David Richardson aged 13. No one else is with them.

Maybe the informant got her age incorrect by 10 years. I have just this minute sent for the cert and I have paid extra to get it delivered faster.

Ben

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 19 Jul 2009 23:21

Hi Ben

One entry only on the NBI, Sarah Richardson bur 1/3/1856 age 68, All Saints, Terling.

Any use?

Margaret