Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help with certificate

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gloria

Gloria Report 26 Jul 2009 17:37

I'm trying to order a birth certificate for my Nan I have a small cert for her, but need the long one for parents details.

my problem is there are two Sarah Jane Jones dis Pontypridd year 1900, quarter Jan Feb March could it be possible her details were entered twice ? different page numbers.

what to do.

Heather

Heather Report 26 Jul 2009 17:59

Do you have her marriage cert? That would give her dads name and occupation and then you could specify that as the name on her birth cert. (On the original there are two entries different page nos)

In fact if you had the marriage cert you could find the first name of her mum on the 1901 and then try to find her parents likely marriage from that (hoping that she has a fairly unusual first name :))

Thelma

Thelma Report 26 Jul 2009 18:03

I would say that there are two births.
Name: Sarah Jane Jones
Year of Registration: 1900
Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar
District: Pontypridd
County: Glamorgan, Mid Glamorgan
Volume: 11a
Page: 533
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Name: Sarah Jane Jones
Year of Registration: 1900
Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar
District: Pontypridd
County: Glamorgan, Mid Glamorgan
Volume: 11a
Page: 645

Sandra

Sandra Report 26 Jul 2009 18:04

You could try phoning the relevant registry office with your nans date of birth, they don't use the gro ref numbers as far as i know & order it straight from them instead.

Thelma

Thelma Report 26 Jul 2009 18:07

I have a short cert. for one of my children.
There is a reference number.

Gloria

Gloria Report 26 Jul 2009 19:52

Thank you all, yes I have a marriage cert her Father was James jones and look at Ancestry records I think her Mother was M argaret, I need her birth cert, think I will phone reg office and ask.

Thanks again all .