Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Nottingham Look up Please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kevin

Kevin Report 26 Jul 2009 17:48

Hi
can anyone help me in my search for a Margaret Ann Oakland born in Nottingham in 1911 no other details and also I need some advice on where to search for information about her father that was a master baker in Nottingham had his own shop but had to leave when he went to war where he died.
thanks

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 26 Jul 2009 17:53

Could she have been born in 1910? This is the only one coming up around that time:-

Name: Margaret A Oakland
Year of Registration: 1910
Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec
District: Nottingham
County: Nottinghamshire
Volume: 7b
Page: 408

She is on the 1911 census aged 6 months. If you buy credits for the 1911 census and buy the image it will give details of her father.

Kath. x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 26 Jul 2009 17:55

If you know her father's name he should be on the Commonwealth War Graves site which may give his age and then you can look for him in previous census years.

Kath. x

Kate

Kate Report 26 Jul 2009 17:56

There might be a record of her father in a trade directory for Nottingham from around that time. I would think the local library or record office might have a record.

Choccy

Choccy Report 26 Jul 2009 18:01

1911 census

HOUSEHOLD OAKLAND GEORGE COWLING M 1909 2 Nottingham Nottinghamshire
HOUSEHOLD OAKLAND JOHN ERNEST M 1884 27 Nottingham Nottinghamshire
HOUSEHOLD OAKLAND MARY F 1886 25 Nottingham Nottinghamshire
HOUSEHOLD OAKLAND MARGARET ANN F 1910 6months Nottingham Nottinghamshire

Kevin

Kevin Report 26 Jul 2009 18:07

Thanks everyone I will look at all these and ring the library as well