Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Photographs on tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pauline

Pauline Report 29 Jul 2009 23:08

I have been a member of GR for a number of years and done a lot of work on my tree in the past. But as there isn't much more I can easily find, I haven't been on here much recently except to answer contacts. But tonight, I was just reviewing my information and the photos I attached to a few of my family a few years ago seemed to have disappeared. Am I imagining it? Or has the modified site removed them? The photo of myself is still there.
Some of these photos were borrowed and were the only copies I had. Have they gone forever?

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~  **007 1/2**

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~ **007 1/2** Report 30 Jul 2009 02:24

Have you tried contacting GR to see if they can help?

Pauline

Pauline Report 30 Jul 2009 22:03

No I haven't asked GR.

I only realised last night that they were missing, and wondered if it was because of one of the many changes on here.

Thanks

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~  **007 1/2**

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~ **007 1/2** Report 31 Jul 2009 07:16

Sorry, I don't keep photographs on here so don't know if anyone has had the same problem. Will nudge this up for you.

I would also contact GR if it were me. Hope you retrieve your photographs. Good luck!

Chrissie2394

Chrissie2394 Report 31 Jul 2009 08:07

Hi Pauline,

Just checked mine and they are all still there.

Chris

ChristineinPortugal

ChristineinPortugal Report 31 Jul 2009 08:10

My photos arestill there.

Didn't you save copies on your computer as you must have had them on there to be able to upload them?

Christine

Pauline

Pauline Report 4 Aug 2009 19:17

Hi
Just got back here. Thanks for the replies.

No I didn't save any copies as they were scanned in on someone elses computer miles away from home.