Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can somebody please help me find Bertie !

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Hawthorn

Hawthorn Report 2 Aug 2009 21:41

According to the 1911 census Herbert Teasdale Wilkinson was a 2 year old and was born in Middlestone, Spennymoor, Co. Durham. He was known throughout his life as Bertie. I know he married as have a picture of his marriage to Mabel and I remember meeting them both in the 1950's. I can't find either where or when he married or when they died. I Thought these events might have come up on Ancestry but I can't find them. If it means searching all the quarters for several years - I will do that but if anyone can "easily" find either a marriage or death I would be over the moon!

Hawthorn

Hawthorn Report 2 Aug 2009 21:49

OMG . . . . that was quick, where did you find it? I can't believe I missed it.
A very big thankyou.