Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Dont no what to do next

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gail

Gail Report 3 Aug 2009 12:11

I'm looking for my gt grandfather i found him on the 1901 census down as william Mchale, living with his "wife" annie, i have got his marriage certificate 1904 He is down has william Reid, Father Thomas Reid, deceased His First two children were Mchales one being my grandfather and the rest of the children 3/4 were reids, they were known as the mchale /reid family , he was in the army lancashire fusiliers 14665, i was told that he was born in bradford manchester 26 December 1874 i've looked everywhere for a birth certifecate but cant find one anywere, and i dont no what to do next i would be grateful for any tips

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 3 Aug 2009 12:21

Is this him?

Births Mar 1875

Reed William Manchester 8d 311

Gail

Gail Report 3 Aug 2009 12:35

no just applied for that, certificate it doen't match up

it seems nothing until 1901 dont no where to go next

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 3 Aug 2009 12:45

connecton? 1881

Elizth. MC HALE Head M Female 49 Bolton, Lancashire, England Charwoman
John MC HALE Son U Male 16 Bolton, Lancashire, England Boater Bargee
Ellen J. MC HALE Dau Female 13 Bolton, Lancashire, England Scholar
William MC HALE Son Male 11 Bolton, Lancashire, England Scholar
Elizth. Alice MC HALE Dau Female 6 Bolton, Lancashire, England Scholar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source Information:
Dwelling 29 Whittaker St
Census Place Great Bolton, Lancashire, England
Family History Library Film 1341917
Public Records Office Reference RG11
Piece / Folio 3839 / 101
Page Number 53

Rambling

Rambling Report 3 Aug 2009 13:19

Can't find him on the 1901?Edit oh yes so I can sorry lol, he and Annie were visiting with daughter Lillian

Rambling

Rambling Report 3 Aug 2009 13:49

Reid William Ashton 8d 548 ( border Lancs /Chesh)
Reid William Liverpool 8b 15

I would have a look at these two, Dec 1874...see if you can eliminate them on census

Gail

Gail Report 3 Aug 2009 14:39

not sure if that would be him, all i have is his fathers name Thomas

waiting to see if i can get in touch with his grand daughters to see if they have anymore info

Thanks

Gail

Gail Report 3 Aug 2009 15:02

Thomas was deceased on the marriage cert' but he was a cooper journeyman william was general labourer.