Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WW1 Help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 5 Aug 2009 05:05

I have been fortunate to find my great great grandfathers service records.He was in alexandria ,cairo ,chatham and more.

his details are Joseph Rice born 1872 carlow ireland ,he was a royal engineer service number 422904.On 23/11/1916 he was promoted to Sergeant and this is where i need the help.He was then transferred to the labour corp but i am unable to make head nor tale of his movements as i am no good at reading which (troop,battalion etc ) he was in. I would like to be able to trace his step because i believe he may have been in the 1st battle of Passendale and would dearly love to know all his whereabouts.

Any help is gratefully received.

lizz

Alan

Alan Report 5 Aug 2009 08:52

His Service Records should reveal all. There is a free site "Great War Forum" where you can ask the experts.
Good Luck

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 7 Aug 2009 07:33

Alan on the wirral

thank you .I will try the forums when i return from holiday.sorry for the late reply.

regards

lizz

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 7 Aug 2009 07:35

SHRat

thank you for your reply and i will dig a bit deeper on my return .Sorry for the late reply .

regards

lizz