Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Irish certificates

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marlene

Marlene Report 5 Aug 2009 18:19

Hi. Has any one sent for a certificate from Ireland. I need to send for a birth and wondered how I do it and where to send it to.. How much does it cost and how long does it take. I have only ever sent for english ones before so would appreciate any help.
Thanks Marlene

Jlove

Jlove Report 5 Aug 2009 18:25

hi Marlene

I've ordered marriage certs from gro ireland. Use this link:

http://www.groireland.ie/apply_for_a_cert.htm

You can order a photocopy of the register for 6 euro which is cheaper than the full certs and gives the same amount of info.

Took about 10 days for mine to arrive (I faxed my request through)

Janis

Marlene

Marlene Report 5 Aug 2009 19:18

Hi Janis. Is it still euro's to send to Northern Ireland as it is a Belfast birth. I thought it was euro's in Southern Ireland.
Marlene

Jlove

Jlove Report 5 Aug 2009 20:31

Sorry Marlene if you're after a birth from Belfast you need this site:

http://www.groni.gov.uk/index/order_certificates.htm

Its stirling - been a while since I got one from there but think it was around £12.

Janis

mgnv

mgnv Report 5 Aug 2009 22:00

If it's before 1922, you can get Belfast stuff thru Southern Ireland, and then pay just 6 euros.