Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Locating relatives living abroad

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda94

Linda94 Report 13 Aug 2009 12:29

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I may trace a relative who went to live in the US in 1953 with an American airman. I have no idea if she is still there or if she remained married and she would have travelled there with the USAF.

Helen in Bucks

Helen in Bucks Report 13 Aug 2009 13:24

you could try the white pages (phone book) at www.whitepages.com

you would need last name, first name and state, but I guess you could saerch 51 (or is it 52) times and try every state if you don't know

Janet 693215

Janet 693215 Report 13 Aug 2009 15:45

Long time since I used it but you could try Zabasearch. Don't pay for it though. I paid to get the most up to date one and just got the same results.

Janet 693215

Janet 693215 Report 13 Aug 2009 15:50

Forgot to say, for Zabasearch you can search the whole of the US without doing it a State at a time.

Alan

Alan Report 13 Aug 2009 16:48

You could try either American Embassy here or British Consul overthere.