Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Birth Information

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jean

Jean Report 16 Aug 2009 19:39

I have found a birth for John E. Schofield June 1927. Mothers name Hollands.
Brentford area Ref no. 3a 257.
Is there any way I can obtain Fathers name and birthplace without having to purchase certificate?
Thankyou
J.

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 16 Aug 2009 19:43

The birth cert. will give you the father's name and occupation, but not his birthplace. If you send for the birth cert. for John, and then look for the marriage cert.,of his parents, this will give his parent's ages, and you can then look for his father's birth. Have you searched on this site to see if anyone else has the family in their tree.
Liz

Jean

Jean Report 16 Aug 2009 20:12

Thanks to all for being so quick to try and help. Afraid as with most searches this one is not straight forward. Grasping at straws actually, as I have tried so very many different searches.
Quick rundown. My G/ Father Frederick Schofield deserted my G/M in 1920. Lived Yorkshire. Applied for a divorce in 1926. Know he was living in Chelsea with an Emily Hollands at that time. They would not be married. Just hoped he might have wanted a divorce because Emily was pregnant.
All this is to try and trace his death, which I have been searching over 2 years for. Have sent for 6 death certs. up to now. Hence my reluctance to buy .
Thanks to all anyway
J.