Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

looking for a link to a somerset Bird family.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Craftlady

Craftlady Report 20 Aug 2009 14:31

Would someone be kind enough to do a lookup for me on a - Ada Irene Bird believe born 1915, (been given scanty info' on this) her mother believe to be Elizabeth nee Craddock & father believe to be Alfred Cary or Carey, they are a somerset family, would be grateful for any help, many thanks. Craftlady

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 20 Aug 2009 14:38

Births Dec 1915 (>99%)
BIRD Ada I Cary Clutton 5c 716

Births Jun 1918 (>99%)
Bird Clifford J Cary Clutton 5c 644

I think you need to buy the birth cert before you go any further

Mothers name is Cary... so who is BIRD ?

Craftlady

Craftlady Report 20 Aug 2009 15:44

Hi Lindsey, just had a chat to my friend as it's the info' of her mother Ada Irene Bird we're trying fathom out, she never knew her mother as she was fostered out from birth (we suspect Ada may have given birth out of wedlock! oops!) would it be too much to ask if you could possibly look up who Ada's parents were, grateful thanks again for any help, regards Craftlady

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 20 Aug 2009 16:00

Sorry Craftlady, but there is no way of finding her parents names online, you have to buy Adas birth certificate for that, as you can see there seems to be a brother too.

Craftlady

Craftlady Report 20 Aug 2009 16:19

Hi Lindsey, many thanks for your kind help, we'll try and go for birth cert and hope 'tiz the right one, take care. regards Craftlady

Thelma

Thelma Report 20 Aug 2009 16:54

There is no way of knowing for certain but I would put my money on :-
HOUSEHOLD BIRD FLORENCE F 1910 7 MONTHS Clutton Somersetshire
HOUSEHOLD BIRD LILIAN F 1910 1 Clutton Somersetshire
HOUSEHOLD BIRD MARTHA A F 1885 26 Clutton Somersetshire
HOUSEHOLD BIRD GEORGE E M 1889 22 Clutton Somersetshire
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Marriages Mar 1909 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BIRD George Edward Bath 5c 917
CARY Martha Ann Bath 5c 917