Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

bit muddled

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tracy

Tracy Report 1 Sep 2009 23:04

looking for my grannys dad .. he born in workington c 1895ish (her mum born 1895) can only find 1 william stobbart born there, round that time. typed it in 1911 census search name and place not date came up 1898 as dose freebmd and all others ive checked ... but why cockermouth? ... he was born in workington,

tracy

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 1 Sep 2009 23:09

Have you got their marriage cert. this wiil give their ages and hopefully both dads names so you work back from there

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 1 Sep 2009 23:11

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.asp?wci=thread&tk=1174683

The registration district is probably Cockermouth

The other thread suggests 1898 as birth year

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 1 Sep 2009 23:15

Births Mar 1898 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stobbart William John Cockermouth 10b 606

Workington is under Cockermouth registration district

Tracy

Tracy Report 1 Sep 2009 23:30

shirley/glitterbabe

working from what my granny said her perants never married .. but i found a marrige reg today for them .. just couldnt understand the cockermouth

thankyou both!!! .. i am on the right conection x

tracy