Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Electoral Roll (Sorted thank you)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 2 Sep 2009 19:40

Hi Not looking for an electoral roll look up just advice about ER being public information I am trying to trace family of my mothers twin sister. I have a match on here with another member and I have pm'd them, but as yet they have not opened the email.
I'm very certain the member is daughter of my mothers twin and have through members name traced death of twin and it shows date of birth on death certificate matches.
I believe I now have marriage of mums twin and her death, birth of twins daughter, marriage and birth of their children. I have found on 192 electoral roll an entry for 3 of these people plus 2 others I believe them to be parents of members husband. I cannot join 192 as before you can buy credits to search you have to buy membership £149.99
The electoral roll they were on was 2002, they have not showed up since then so I guess they have "opted out".
Its is a public record, would I be able to view it at a records office other than online and where ,believe I have 2 counties to look at, going from details on families marriages and births. Would I have to look up by name or address.

Many thanks Jeanette

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 2 Sep 2009 20:35

n

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 2 Sep 2009 21:04

My understanding is that an electoral roll is available at the li8brary closest to the area that it enumerates.

Thus you have to go to the library

I don't know whether the librarian(s) will do look ups for you

sylvia

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 2 Sep 2009 21:52

Thank you sylvia

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 3 Sep 2009 09:50

There are other sites which offer lookups much more cheaply.

for example http://www.ukroll.com/ offers three days searching for £4.99

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 3 Sep 2009 12:11

Whirley on Trying to Find board offers Electoral Roll look ups Jean on either Tips or Records also offers look ups

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 3 Sep 2009 23:55

Thank you for all your replies. It is really the 2002 ER I am looking for the one before you could opt out(Privacy). I have been in contact with members who are offering ER lookups 2005 - 2009 and nothing found. So it has got be be pre 2002.

Jeanette