Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How do I ??

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathlyn

Kathlyn Report 4 Sep 2009 17:54

The new layout for viewing census on Ancestry.......Please how do I make my printed copy full size? It is only printing that small part that is seen on the screen. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Kathlyn

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 4 Sep 2009 17:59

When setting up the printer is there an option for entire image or current view?

I always save and then crop before printing

George_of_Westbury

George_of_Westbury Report 4 Sep 2009 18:02

when you are viewing the image page, look on the green bar running along the top.

at the very left you will see "image only" click on that this then shows the full image on the page, you can print from there

George

SpanishEyes

SpanishEyes Report 4 Sep 2009 19:56

well it is never to late to learn
Thanks George

bridget

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 4 Sep 2009 21:40

Do people actually print these? They are very heavy on ink and all the other non-eco-friendly things, plus expensive. Can they not just be saved to your hard-drive and downloaded to a CD?

Margaret

Ozibird

Ozibird Report 4 Sep 2009 21:44

That's what I do, Margaret.

Then if I want a hard copy I can print in draft mode which is lighter on the ink. Like GB, I always crop before printing.

Ozi.

Kathlyn

Kathlyn Report 5 Sep 2009 10:18

I have said thanks to George. Because of the way I work on my tree, I need to be able to flick through these printouts. As for the cost of ink etc......Well....I don`t drink or go out with strange men so where else am i going to spend my money !!! lol.