Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Births in India

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

June

June Report 5 Sep 2009 05:25

I have a family with at least 2 children born in India. How do I go about finding these births, and if there are any more for this family??
Cheers, June

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 5 Sep 2009 06:16

You could try here:

http://indiafamily.bl.uk/UI/Home.aspx

or the overseas births on FindMyPast.

Rose

June

June Report 7 Sep 2009 00:52

Thank you, Rose, I have tried both of these with no result. I have found parents arriving in UK from India, and I have found 2 grandchildren (born in India) on 1901 and 1911 census -but can;'t find their births.

I will just have to keep looking. Cheers, June

~Looby Loo~

~Looby Loo~ Report 7 Sep 2009 01:03

Hi JUne, Have your tried LDS site (mormons). Remember it has a 6 wk turnaround. It took me ages to find my birth but I did eventually find it on there. Then eventually I got a copy of the baptism record from TNA.

Lou

Peterkinz

Peterkinz Report 7 Sep 2009 01:48

You could also try http://www.fibis.org/

Peter

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 7 Sep 2009 02:25

and this one

http://indiafamily.bl.uk/UI/Home.aspx

also if you care to post details of who you are looking for we may be able to help you

Peterkinz

Peterkinz Report 7 Sep 2009 23:48

Ann of GG.....

That's a new site to me - which has already found one person I didn't know of - thanks

Peter

June

June Report 8 Sep 2009 09:29

Hi everyone, Just got back on, so will try the suggestions. Thanks, I will be in touch again.

Cheers, June

June

June Report 9 Sep 2009 09:20

Thanks for all the info. infortunately, it has not been a successful search.
Looby Loo, what do you mean by '6 weeks turnaround'?

The names I am looking for are Frederick A. Nichols & wife Sarah Grace (nee Jago)
sons Roland F. born c.1898 and Harold born c.1904 -on census both listed as born in India. I have found Fred. & Mrs. travelling back & forth. In 1901 census the 3 were with Sarah's parents, John & Catherine Jago in Plumstead, in 1911 both boys were living with their grandparents in Dartford.. Roland was killed in WW1.in France.
The latest I have on Harold, is as a witness at his cousin, Ronald Bampton's wedding in 1927.

Hope someone can help.

Cheers, June

Joy

Joy Report 9 Sep 2009 09:26

You could try posting on the following mailing list, and searching in cyndislist site.

INDIA. A mailing list for anyone who is interested in tracing their British and European Ancestors in British India. To subscribe send "subscribe" to [email protected] (mail mode) or [email protected] (digest mode).

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 9 Sep 2009 10:35

all army births were entered in a ledger.
when that unit returned so was the ledger,no birth certs issued

if armyfind fathers regnent and try them

good luck xxxx