Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Threads

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 6 Sep 2009 22:13

Should I delete my own threads when all information needed has been given or should I just politely add to the thread now closed thanks to all, just in case a relative looking sees the information I have asked for.

Jeanette

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 6 Sep 2009 22:25

jeanette

Change the title to add Sorted at the end of it.

The threads are not stored on your computer, so they are not taking up any room

and the information could always be useful in the future to soemone else.

sylvia

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 6 Sep 2009 22:29

Thank you sylvia, thats what I thought as I have a member who hasn't opened her pm's so if she looks for the name on boards my thread should come up.

Thank you

Jeanette

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 6 Sep 2009 22:49

You're welcome

sylvia

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 6 Sep 2009 23:18

Remember too that some of us are on the other side of the Atlantic so don't get up in the morning until at least 5 hours after you. It could be that we have something of value to add to the thread but we don't have a chance if you've already deleted.

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 7 Sep 2009 00:00

Good point Margaret. Decided to add "sorted thank you" to my threads, so they are still there.

Jeanette