Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

certificate surprize

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 11 Sep 2009 16:25

I am amazed I ordered a death cert last Thursday (3rd), despatch date was said to be 10th and it arrived today, not bad going with a ll ongoing postal disruption. So thanks GRO.

BrianW

BrianW Report 11 Sep 2009 16:30

The last two batches I ordered arrived seven or eight days from the date of ordering, although the two I ordered at the beginning of this week had an on-screen note to say that they were running a day behind due to high demand.

With a bit of luck they will arrive on my birthday, as they are part of a present from a family member.

Leni

Leni Report 11 Sep 2009 16:31

I ordered a death cert from Wolverhampton Register Office ,I posted it on Monday and received it today!
I have always found the staff at Wolverhampton very helpful and efficient.
Well done Wolverhampton!

Pam

Pam Report 11 Sep 2009 17:53

Ordered a marriage certificate last Saturday (5th) hope it will turn up tomorrow (12th).

EDIT: Didn't arrive. Another item in the log jam caused by strikes I suppose.

EDIT 2: Arrived 27th September.

Annina

Annina Report 11 Sep 2009 19:43

I ordered five two weeks ago, and have only had one back.

JacD

JacD Report 11 Sep 2009 21:41

Well I must be doing something wrong because I ordered a death cert 3 weeks ago from Liverpool and have been told to wait 6 - 8 weeks!!!

JacD

JacD Report 13 Oct 2009 09:32

10 weeks tomorrow since I ordered mine but 'yay' it arrived today. Good news - I got the right person's death!!!

Should I be saying 'good news'? Jac

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 13 Oct 2009 11:29

Liverpool have always treated applications for family research with low priority. Their website currently says "Due to the high demand on the service it is currently taking 6 to 8 weeks to process Family History applications".

I have used Huddersfield Register Office a few time and they usually sent out the same day they receive your application.

Recent order from the GRO have usually arrived a couple of days earlier than their estimate.

So, obviously varies from time to time and place to place.