Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Maltese families in Egypt

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AmazingGrace08

AmazingGrace08 Report 14 Sep 2009 04:37

Hi,

Would anyone know of the best way to obtain BMD records of Maltese families who were stationed with the British Army in Alexandria, Egypt in the 1800's up to 1950?

I realise because of WW1 & WW2 and other wars that it is difficult to find information, I'm just wondering if anyone else has any useful advice to give.

Ancestry is of no help and I am trying alternative methods such as Facebook etc. I have some information from churches etc but big gaps in important things such as death dates etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Rachelle

Carole

Carole Report 14 Sep 2009 08:19

findmypast has some birth records armed forces birth registered abroad says 1761 - 1994 if you pm the details i will see what i can turn up

kind regards

carole

AmazingGrace08

AmazingGrace08 Report 15 Sep 2009 03:45

Thanks Carole, I have just sent you a PM.

Kind regards

Rachelle