Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

waiting times

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Trevor

Trevor Report 14 Sep 2009 15:30

does anyone know how long it takes for certificates to arrive i ordered 10 on 31st august dispatch date was the 7th and still no certificates ive tried ringing but just get an automated message saying this call will be disconnected due to technical faults :(
regards trevor

Rebekah

Rebekah Report 14 Sep 2009 15:32

I normally find that give it a day or 2 after the estimated date on your order. We have had no post round here for about 5 days due to strike action.

Becky

Trevor

Trevor Report 14 Sep 2009 15:33

thanks becky ,i suppose i shall have to just wait
trevor

BrianW

BrianW Report 14 Sep 2009 16:23

There was a message on the GRO website last week when I ordered to say they were taking a day longer than usual due to high demand.
Add the postal situation to that and it's too soon to panic.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 14 Sep 2009 16:34

Trevor.

I ordered a birth certificate on the same day and it arrived this morning.

Pam

Pam Report 14 Sep 2009 17:30

Think we all have to give things more time than usual. I ordered a certificate which should have arrived on Friday but am still waiting, also waiting for two recorded delivery envelopes posted on 2nd September !!

AllanC

AllanC Report 14 Sep 2009 18:43

Some certificates do take longer. I ordered two at the same time, one came within a couple of days the other was over a week. The latter was one which had a registrar's correction on the original with a note in the left margin. There was a note accompanying the certificate which indicated that because the certificate was unusual it had to be specially prepared (and the reproduction quality not ideal) - whic obviously accounted for the delay. So, as the others have said, don't panic yet. Mind you, it seems a little unlikely that all 10 certs will need special treatment.

Trevor

Trevor Report 15 Sep 2009 14:17

thankyou to all that replied i managed to get through to them they said they had been sent aand if not here by next tuesday i have to phone again and they will send again
regards trevor