Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Current Electoral Roll details

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

sam

sam Report 15 Sep 2009 21:54

I have a persons name, a road but no house number. Tracesmart or 192 have no info. If I visit the local office where the records are kept, will i be able to search for a number of the house as I know the name of the Road .

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 15 Sep 2009 21:55

If they're on the Electoral Roll you should be able to find them if you know the name of the road.

Maybe it's one of those situations where the houses have names and not numbers?

Jill

sam

sam Report 15 Sep 2009 22:00

Thanks Jill

So name or number, I should be able to find them. Just never checked the electoral roll register before so did not want to visit the offices and waste my time.

regards
Sam

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 15 Sep 2009 22:07

My local library will not let you look at the current electoral register.

They will look and answer yes or no to specific questions and sometimes not answer at all.

I have not tried it but overheard them on several occasions when dealing with such requests

sam

sam Report 15 Sep 2009 22:09

OK.... so I will email the offices first just to make sure, I thought members of the public could have access..... will check

sam

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 15 Sep 2009 22:12

Are you local to the area in question?

If not it might be worth seeing if anyone on here is and could look for you?

Jill

sam

sam Report 15 Sep 2009 22:21

Jill

It is only 45 minutes down the road so I will combine it with my other research in the area so as not to have a wasted journey.... it is nice to know beforehand if there will be any problems, so i will email the offices in the morning

thank you for your help
sam