Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Parish Records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pam

Pam Report 16 Sep 2009 18:17

18 million Parish Records have been added by Ancestry.co.

Janet 693215

Janet 693215 Report 16 Sep 2009 22:41

It's all your fault!!!!

I've spent the night on there looking for my lot and the fun I've had! A tear came to my eye when I spotted one of mine signing his marriage record in 1803. His handwriting was no better than a six year olds but it was probably the proudest day of his life.

There was also a possible relations signature from 1756. All I need do is prove the link!

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 16 Sep 2009 23:14

Yes and I'm blaming you for the lack of H*******

Its brilliant, found lots of middle names that I never knew, and a first wife and marriage thats new to me, could be on all night at this rate !

I'm beginning to get a bit more value out of ancestry.... at last !

Pam

Pam Report 16 Sep 2009 23:16

Sorry about that but your lucky. I spent the afternoon looking and the only information I have found on my lot I had already bought the certificates !!! The really early info I need isn't there. Need Berkshire Parish Records and they don't appear to have them online.

Sidami

Sidami Report 16 Sep 2009 23:25

Do they have them for Essendon and Cheshunt area? Please

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 17 Sep 2009 00:49

Janet how have you got such infromation, i.e. who signed what and pictures of it?